Day 58: Longest Stretch without a gas station

 I am bummed that I didn't take more pictures today, but our goal was to drive.  The drive from Evanston, WY to Lee Vining, CA is about 9 hours.  We drove through some of the most desolate places in Nevada I have ever seen anywhere.  I'm talking 163 miles between towns with NOTHING in between, and by nothing, I mean NOTHING but hills, mountains, and flat lands, and some bushes, mountain goats, lightning, etc.  We stopped in Salt Lake City to visit the capitol building.  It is beautifully built on a hill overlooking the city.  The building itself is stunning.  After leaving the capital, we saw the Great Salt Lake and the Great Salt Lake Desert.  That was a sight to see.  Endless salt beds going on for ages.  I wish we would have stopped to take a picture, but we didn't.  We made it in to Lee Vining about 7:30 at night.  It felt good to be able to make dinner and get in bed at a reasonable time for a change!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Flagstaff to Santa Fe, New Mexico

Day 32: Lower Manhattan, Empire State Building

Day 5: Springfield, Illinois to Roscoe, Illinois